Shauna Gossenauer, MA, LPC, Board Certified Counselor
In the context of relationship, we can experience heartache and disappointment. And it is in the context of relationship that we can experience healing, growth, restoration, and joy. I believe we are whole beings, made up of body, mind, and spirit. When one area of our being is impacted, it creates ripple effects in all areas of our being. I take a holistic approach by attending to thoughts, feelings, behaviors, and body to promote integration, awareness, and personal responsibility. Whether you struggling with anxiety and depression, experiencing broken trust and betrayal in your primary relationship, or looking to reclaim your voice through healthy boundaries, there is hope and healing for every area of your life.
I have experience working with women and couples on issues from anxiety to infidelity. I have training and experience in the Gottman Method to support couples in creating a deeper, more intimate connection and healthy communication. I have specialized training from the American Association for Sex Addiction Therapy (AASAT) to work with partners who have experienced betrayal trauma from infidelity. I am trained and experienced in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) which targets past traumatic experiences, current triggers, and future potential challenges leading to a reduction or elimination of distress related to traumatic memories and sensations.
You are amazing and worthy of living life to the full! I am honored to partner with you, to process together the impact of difficult life experiences, and to find healing and restoration today. Are you ready? I look forward to meeting you!
Credentials, Trainings, and Certifications
- BS in Human Development & Family Studies, Colorado State University
- MA in Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CACREP), Colorado Christian University
- AASAT Intimacy Anorexia Trained
- AASAT Partners Recovery Trained
- Trained in the Core and Advanced Skills of Motivational Interviewing
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy, Level 1 & 2 Trained
- EMDR International Association Approved Basic EMDR Trained
- Telehealth for Mental Health Professionals Trained
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- Colorado Counseling Association (CCA)